Below is the list from CRN Big Data. They also publish the 100 Big Data Management Companies and 100: Big Data Infrastructure, Tools And Services lists.
Source (for this picture only)
- 1010data offers cloud-based software for complex business analytics and data sharing for Big Data, and is popular among retailers, financial services companies and gaming industry. New York, NY. Founded 2010.
- Alpine Data Labs offers an advanced, Hadoop-based data analytics platform. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2010.
- Alteryx's software is used to blend structured and unstructured data from a range of sources into one database, conduct predictive, spatial and statistical analysis tasks, and then share the results. Irvine, CA. Founded 2010.
- Attivio is a major player in the area of "unified information access," integrating structured and unstructured information from such sources as ERP and CRM systems, emails, content management systems and social media networks, making that information "accessible, meaningful and actionable." Newton, MA. Founded 2007.
- Ayasdi's Insight Discovery Platform, which utilizes "topological data analysis" technology combined with machine learning techniques, provides insights derived from data that help organizations solve complex problems without writing code or queries. Palo Alto, CA. Founded 2008.
- Birst offers a Software-as-a-Service business intelligence platform with visual analytics and an automated data warehouse system. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2004.
- Chartio develops cloud-based data visualization software that businesses use to combine data sets and create charts and dashboards for analysis -- all without the need to develop an on-premise data warehouse. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2010.
- Cirro develops a next-generation data federation platform that makes it possible for nontechnical users to query and explore structured and unstructured data from multiple sources and perform complex analytical tasks. Aliso Viejo, CA. Founded 2010.
- ClearStory Data's Data Intelligence software is designed to make it easier to access internal and external data sources, including corporate databases, Hadoop and the Internet, and use that data to uncover trends and patterns. Palo Alto, CA. Founded 2011.
- Continuum Analytics released Anaconda 1.9, the latest version of its collection of libraries for big data management analysis and cross-platform visualization for business intelligence, scientific, engineering and machine learning tasks. Austin, TX. Founded 2011.
- DataGravity's website says the company's mission is "turning data into information" and "make storage an active asset for SMBs." Nashua, NH. Founded 2012.
- DataHero develops software that analyzes data and automatically creates visualizations -- charts and graphs -- from the information without the need for the user to tackle complex coding. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2011.
- Datameer develops software that helps business users of Hadoop integrate, analyze and visualize large volumes of data. San Mateo, CA. Founded 2009.
- DataSift develops a social data platform that businesses use to monitor social media such as Twitter, aggregate and filter data from public social conversations, and extract insights from that data. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2010.
- Datawatch develops visual data discovery applications for creating data visualizations in real time from structured, semi-structured and Hadoop-based data. Chelmsford, MA. Founded 1985.
- Digital Reasoning's Synthesys machine learning platform collects structured and unstructured data and analyzes it, using entity extraction and semantic relationship analysis techniques, to identify risks, threats and opportunities. Franklin, TN. Founded 2000.
- Domo offers a cloud-based executive management platform the company said gives users access to information scattered across myriad sources through a single dashboard. American Fork, UT. Founded 2011.
- Gainsight develops predictive analytics software that's integrated with Salesforce.com's CRM applications and helps users scrutinize customer data for customer retention and identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities. Mountain View, CA. Founded 2009.
- Glassbeam develops Software-as-a-Service applications for product analytics based on machine log data, putting it in a key position in business intelligence in the nascent-but-growing Internet of Things market. Sunnyvale, CA. Founded 2009.
- GoodData launched the cloud-based GoodData Open Analytics Platform, the company's next-generation data governance and discovery Platform-as-a-Service for storing, combining, analyzing and visualizing information. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2007.
- Google jumped into the business intelligence arena with its BigQuery online analytics service that lets businesses analyze huge datasets. Mountain View, CA. Founded 1998.
- Guavus develops the Guavus Reflex Platform data analytics system and a suite of operational intelligence applications for making business process decisions. San Mateo, CA. Founded 2006.
- Information Builder is a longtime player in the business intelligence arena with its business analytics products, including its flagship WebFocus software, and its integration and data integrity software. New York, NY, USA. Founded 1975.
- JasperSoft develops simple-to-use business intelligence applications, including business analytics and reporting, production reporting, cloud analytics, big data analytics and mobile BI. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2001.
- Jut remains in stealth mode as it develops software for capturing and analyzing big data. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2013.
- Kognitio develops an in-memory analytical software platform that supports OLAP and analytical applications on large volumes of complex data. Bracknell, UK. Founded 1987.
- LucidWorks develops LucidWorks Search, the company's flagship product, is an enterprise-grade search development platform based on Apache Lucene/Solr technology. Redwood City, CA. Founded 2007.
- Metric Insights pitches its "push intelligence" technology as an antidote to business intelligence reports and dashboards that the company said makes users hunt for information. San Francisco, CA. Founded 2010.
- MicroStrategy's MicroStrategy Analytics Platform analyzes huge volumes of data and delivers reports and dashboards to users throughout an organization. Tysons Corner, VA. Founded 1989.
- Numerify collects and analyzes operational and financial data about an organization's IT systems that managers use to monitor system performance and make decisions about IT assets and capacity. Cupertino, CA. Founded 2012.
Read full list